By United Nations
This factor of the Compendium displays at the social improvement within the international locations of Western Asia via tabulation of time sequence information and signs overlaying components resembling inhabitants, schooling, loved ones and family members, human settlements, future health, paintings and monetary task, source of revenue and expenditure, and others. This bilingual booklet comprises details in English and Arabic.
Read Online or Download Compendium of Social Statistics and Indicators: Social Indicators of the Commission of Sustainable Development (Compendium of Social Statistics Recueil De Statistiques Sociales) PDF
Best asian books
The Taliban is resurgent in Afghanistan whereas Chechnya nonetheless struggles less than a shadow of violence, and the international locations surrounding them are slightly extra solid. upload within the major reserves scattered all through important Asia and you've got a risky political cocktail that makes the quarter, in Rob Johnson’s phrases, the “new center East.
The Asian net Engineering convention (AINTEC) brings jointly researchers and engineers drawn to sensible and theoretical difficulties in net applied sciences. The convention goals at addressing matters pertinent to the Asian quarter with colossal diversities of socio-economic and networking stipulations whereas inviting high quality and up to date examine effects from the worldwide inter- tional examine group.
They referred to as him the 'angriest black guy in the USA' . .. Celebrated and vilified across the world for his brave yet sour struggle to realize for hundreds of thousands of black women and men the equality and appreciate denied them by way of their white neighbours, Malcolm X encouraged as many of us within the usa as he triggered to worry him.
This e-book is set the root and scope of effect that Taiwan – a democracy with a inhabitants of round 23 million – has on China, the main strong closing Leninist country which claims sovereignty over Taiwan and has a inhabitants of over 1. three billion. It examines how Taiwan has helped China in its financial transformation, yet argues that the previous routines maximum impression via its gentle strength.
- The Secret Speeches of Chairman Mao: From the Hundred Flowers to the Great Leap Forward (Harvard Contemporary China Series)
- Strolling About the Roof of the World: The First Hundred Years of the Royal Society for Asian Affairs
- In Memory of Jacques Derrida
- Japanese Writers and the West
- Rethinking Identities in Contemporary Pakistani Fiction: Beyond 9/11
Additional resources for Compendium of Social Statistics and Indicators: Social Indicators of the Commission of Sustainable Development (Compendium of Social Statistics Recueil De Statistiques Sociales)
4. Adult literacy rate, by sex While adult literacy rates increased between 1990 and 2005, major intraregional and gender discrepancies still exist. In 2005, 90 per cent or more of the population aged 15 and over was literate in Bahrain, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates. However, more than a quarter of adults in Egypt and almost a half in Yemen could not read or write. 6 per cent of women, respectively, are able to read and write. Annex table 19 presents adult literacy rates for those aged 15 and over, by sex, in ESCWA member countries.
3 (census) .. .. 5 (2006 census) .. .. 0 (2006 census) .. 97 (1997) .. 97 (2004) .. 99 (1997) .. 98 (2004) .. 90 (1997) .. 93(2004) .. 95 (2003) 99 .. .. 7 .. .. 2 .. 100 (2003) .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. 9 94 (2003) .. .. .. .. .. .. 5 (2006) .. .. .. 42 .. .. .. .. .. 71 .. .. .. 63 .. .. .. .. .. .. .. 95 (2003) .. 48 .. 98 (2003) .. 96 (2003) .. 50 (2003) 69 .. .. .. 7 .. 3 .. .. 67 (2004) .. Sources: ESCWA, Compendium of Environment Statistics in the ESCWA Region (E/ESCWA/SCU/2007/2), pp.
The gap between more and less developed countries is larger in proportional terms for death rates in early childhood than during adult ages. Under-five mortality levels are influenced by poverty; education, particularly of mothers; the availability, accessibility and quality of health services; health risks in the environment, namely, access to safe water and sanitation; and nutrition, among other factors. Measurement method: The mortality rate under five years of age is calculated as the ratio of total deaths of children under five in a given year over the total number of live births in that year.