By W Jason Gilmore, Robert H. Treat
* delivering a local home windows unencumber, PostgreSQL 8.0 is poised to garner substantial industry proportion within the open resource enviornment. This publication indicates readers how you can harness this renowned open resource database with personal home page, the world’s preferred net scripting language.
* basically 3 books in a single, PostgreSQL 8.0 exposes readers to particular introductions of Hypertext Preprocessor and PostgreSQL. Readers achieve wide wisdom approximately those well known open resource applied sciences to create robust web pages.
* Authored via W. Jason Gilmore, writer of the easiest promoting starting Hypertext Preprocessor five and MySQL: From beginner to specialist, and famous PostgreSQL developer and neighborhood liaison Robert deal with.
Read or Download Beginning PHP and PostgreSQL 8 : from novice to professional PDF
Similar web programming books
XML for ASP. web builders first supplies a fantastic starting place within the fundamentals of MSXML together with XML Syntax, XML Schemas, Xpath, Xlink, Xpointer, and different thoughts essential to leverage the facility of XML. After the development blocks of XML are completely coated, Dan courses readers via manipulating XML records utilizing the rfile item version (DOM) and XSL (Extensible Stylesheet Language) either at the buyer and the server.
A advisor to net programming with ActiveX. The booklet covers ActiveX Controls, lively scripts, ActiveX records, web Server API (ISAPI), low and high point interfaces for downloading information from the net, ActiveX Server Framework and sceurity and optimization matters for ActiveX programmers
A accomplished advisor to bbPress with transparent and concise directions on increasing your WordPress website with a group discussion board review A step by step advisor to making, handling, and turning out to be a group round your WordPress site study convenient tips from an skilled neighborhood supervisor to maintain your discussion board freed from trouble combine bbPress performance into WordPress with shortcodes intimately inspite of the increase of social media, boards stay a favored a part of the net.
Leverage the facility of D and the vibe. d framework to improve net purposes which are tremendously fastAbout This BookUtilize the stylish vibe. d framework to construct net functions simply and leisure backends with the D programming languageLearn approximately all elements of vibe. d to reinforce your net improvement with DA hands-on consultant to the vibe.
- HTML, XHTML & CSS For Dummies
- Web Matrix Developer’s Guide
- Yii Rapid Application Development Hotshot
- Pro ASP.NET Web Forms Techniques
- Joomla! For Dummies
Extra info for Beginning PHP and PostgreSQL 8 : from novice to professional
Fm Page 17 Friday, August 19, 2005 10:02 AM CHAPTER 2 ■ INSTALLING AND CONFIGURING APACHE AND PHP Help! I’m Getting an Error! Assuming that you encountered no noticeable errors during the build process, you may not be seeing the cool phpinfo() output due to one or more of the following reasons: • Apache was not started or restarted after the build process was complete. php file. If a parse error message is resulting in the browser input, then this is almost certainly the case. • Something went awry during the build process.
Something went awry during the build process. Consider rebuilding (reinstalling on Windows), carefully monitoring for errors. If you’re running Linux/Unix, don’t forget to execute a make clean from within each of the respective distribution directories before reconfiguring and rebuilding. Customizing the Unix Build Although the base PHP installation is sufficient for most beginning users, the chances are that you’ll soon want to make adjustments to the default configuration settings and possibly experiment with some of the third-party extensions that are not built into the distribution by default.
Chapters 6 and 7 offer thorough introductions to this topic. • Try/catch exception handling: Devising custom error-handling strategies within structural programming languages is, ironically, error-prone and inconsistent. To remedy this problem, version 5 now supports exception handling. Long a mainstay of error management in many languages, C++, C#, Python, and Java included, exception handling offers an excellent means for standardizing your error-reporting logic. This new and convenient methodology is introduced in Chapter 8.